| Top 5 benefits of drinking lemon water in the morning
Posted by Physician's Preference on 2/7/2013
to Weight Loss
1. It balances pH. Lemon is acidic but once it is metabolized, it becomes alkaline. It's important to keep your body at an alkaline state so that the oxygen in your blood stays at a safe pH level. A safe pH level throughout your body helps your body to heal itself, ward off illnesses, and even assimilate nutrients better.
2. It helps control the coffee and soda habit. Many times the refreshing taste of lemon water can perk you up much more than that of coffee. If you're looking for something to help you soda habit, try adding a little lemon to sparkling water. We think you'll be amazed at how much your craving will go away!
3. It aids in revving up your digestive system. Lemon water helps the liver to produce bile, which in turn, aids in digestion. It also helps to increase urination which helps the body along its normal detoxification process.
4. It keeps skin clear and glowing.
Drinking water in general gives your skin that healthy glow but when you add a little lemon to the mix, which is high in the antioxidant vitamin C,
you'll also be helping with blemishes and wrinkles!
5. It helps with weight loss. Lemons are high in fiber and keep you fuller longer. They also have a natural diuretic effect, which can help with water retention and feeling bloated.
Have you tried adding lemon to you water? What health benefits have you noticed?
Blanca Date 2/7/2013
I've seen the new lemon crystal packets at the restaurants, are those just as good if lemons aren't available?
Rene' Date 2/7/2013
I drink 'lemon water' first thing every morning - juice from half a fresh lemon in about 4-6 ounces of water. It is phenomenal. It helps me get going and helps with digestion and bloating. With regards to tooth enamel, to prevent an issue I will swish and swallow some straight water afterwards, then try to also brush my teeth shortly after that.
Kay Kantowski Date 2/7/2013
Will lime work just as well? Some of us have a sensitivity to lemons.
Side note about straws since someone mentioned it above. While in nursing school a few years back, we learned that using straws can add gas and bloating. So if you are like me with stomach issues, I avoid anything that can add to my problems.
Phyliss Peterman Date 2/7/2013
Wow! This is so true. I used to drink lemon water all the time in my youth and I was never overweight. I'm going to try it now that I'm over the hill. Better than just a boring glass of water. The colder the better!
Patty Date 2/7/2013
Sister, You can squeeze many lemons and freeze the juice in an ice cube tray(s). If you just store it in the fridge, it's going to ferment at some point...voice of experience here!
Anita Date 2/7/2013
Try to drink your lemonwater with a straw.
Sister Catherine Yaskiw Date 2/7/2013
hi are there some risks to tooth enamel by doing the lemon thing? how much lemon should one add to a cup of water? why is it hat lemon juice gets sold in a plastic bottle when lemon is like an acid thing and would eat up plastic and then be injested? can yu squeeze many lemons and store in glass container and for how long?
Sara Amidei Date 2/8/2013
Wondering how much lemon juice to how much water? Thanks!