Have you ever turned and flashed a big, pearly smile to get the "all clear" from a friend, carefully hiding any evidence of your last meal? In a similar way, did you know that the evidence of stress can be apparent on your face as well? Before putting a mask over your face, learn how stress affects skin and how to reduce (or eliminate) the evidence.
Chronic stress increases inflammation levels in the blood stream, and can cause redness, irritation, dark circles, dry skin, wrinkles, and other skin nightmares. Reducing exposure to stress is ideal, but for most of us, it’s hard to escape it altogether, so we need a plan to de-stress from the outside in.
Our favorite skin care tips:
1. Soak up some rays! Did you know that reasonable sun exposure (10-20 minutes daily) not only promotes a healthy glow, but can help increase blood levels of vitamin d?
2. Hydrate! Our bodies are 70% water. Staying hydrated allows water to penetrate capillaries and circulate within and among cells, carrying with it nutrients vital to healthy skin.
3. Nourish! Did you know that Physician’s Preference carries skyn ICELAND skin care? Skyn ICELAND® Solutions for Stressed Skin is the first skincare brand ever created to combat the physiological effects of stress on the largest—and most exposed—organ, our skin.
4. Replenish! A perfect diet is not always possible, so supplements can help close the gap. PowerPak, Zinc, Probiotics, and extra fish oil can all be help in achieving balanced, beautiful skin.
5. Stay fresh on the go! One of our favorite skyn ICELAND products is the Glacial Cleansing Wipes, which helps keep skin fresh, moisturized and clean on the go. Keep one pack in your bag, one in your desk, and one in the bathroom. Also, the Arctic Face Mist is a multivitamin spray great for giving tired skin a quick boost. Both products contain stress relieving botanicals.
What are your favorite tips to relieve stressed skin?