When the weather gets warmer, we can't help ourselves but to have an unhealthy obsession with fresh fruit and, well, there's nothing wrong with that!
This Independence Day, brighten up your dessert table with this Red, Bright and Blue fruit salad or serve it at your next family brunch. We promise it will not disappoint!
Red, bright and blue fruit salad
- 1 cup fresh (sugar-free) orange juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Sweet-n-Natural
- 1 1/2 Tbsp champagne vinegar
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Dash of sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 lb. fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 large peach, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- To make the vinaigrette, combine orange juice, Sweet-n-Natural and vinegar in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 15 minutes.
- Whisk in olive oil and salt and let stand for 2 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine strawberries, blueberries and peaches.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over fruit and lightly toss the fruit in the vinaigrette.
- Chill for 30 minutes before serving. Top with fresh basil leaves and enjoy!