Ready or not, the hustle and bustle of holidays are right around the corner! These high protein pumpkin muffins are packed with protein, fiber and make for a great on-the-go breakfast!
High Protein Pumpkin Muffins
- 1 c oat bran
- 1/2 c wheat bran
- 1/4 c ground flax
- 1/2 c Sweet-N-Natural
- 3 scoops Jay Robbs Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
- 1 T baking powder
- 3 t pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 c chopped pecans
- 2 eggs
- 1 c canned pumpkin
- 6 oz plain Fage Greek Yogurt
- 1 c unsweetened Almond Breeze Vanilla Almond Milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line muffin pan with muffin cups.
- In large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients then add eggs, pumpkin, yogurt, and milk.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve with a small pat of butter if desired.
(Makes about 16 muffins.) Nutrition Facts:
Per muffin: 96 calories, 3.5g fat, 8.5 g carbohydrates, 3g fiber, 8.5g protein
Per 3 muffins: 288 calories, 11g fat, 26g carbohydrate, 9g fiber, 26g protein