Healthy Breakfast Casserole
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day to kick-start your metabolism. Full of protein from the eggs, low-fat breakfast meat and black beans, it is a complete meal when rounded out by the vitamin C, thiamin, vitamin B6
and phosphorus in the pico de gallo and spinach.
A quick way to enjoy a healthy breakfast, this recipe will become a favorite go-to for mornings when you are short on time and know you need lots of energy for your busy day.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
- 12-15 eggs, beaten
- 1 pound breakfast (turkey) sausage, cooked
- 1 15-16oz. can black beans, drained
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 16 oz bag frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup grated cheese of choice (omit if on yeast supplement health plan)
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 400° F.
First, beat the eggs in large bowl. Combine in the turkey sausage, black beans, pico de gallo, spinach, and seasonings. Pour mixture into 13” x 9” casserole dish and bake for 25 minutes.
Remove casserole from oven, sprinkle ˝ cup cheese on top and place back in oven until cheese is melted (approximately 5 minutes).
Sounds wonderful! I am anxious to try it soon.