Gluten Free Margherita Pizza
To many, the idea of eating a gluten free pizza must mean no flavor and the consistency of cardboard. But the truth couldn’t be farther from this!
This gluten free Margherita pizza is an easy way to have a few servings of veggies, and is a quick go-to for school (work) nights, or to enjoy with friends while watching a game.
Adding ample fresh tomatoes will deliver a dose of vitamin C and potassium
, while mozzarella cheese is an excellent source of low-fat protein and calcium, as well as vitamin B12
Makes one 16” pizza:
- 2 tbsp rapid rise yeast
- 1 1/3 cup warm milk
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 1/3 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 2 tsp guar gum
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp unflavored gelatin powder
- 2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 jar Classico brand red pasta sauce (gluten free varieties include Four Cheese, Roasted Garlic, Tomato and Basil, to name a few)
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 ˝ cups mozzarella cheese (check to be sure the brand is gluten free)
Preheat oven to 425° F.
In a small bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm milk. In a large bowl, blend together the dry ingredients. Stir in yeast mixture to dry ingredient mixture. Add oil and apple cider vinegar; mix well.
Butter and flour the pizza pan. Pat down the dough onto the pan using flour as needed to avoid your hands sticking to it.
Rub olive oil on top of pizza dough and bake without toppings for 10 minutes.
Remove from the oven. Spread enough tomato sauce to cover the pizza, top with tomatoes and basil, cover with mozzarella. Return to the oven and bake for another 20 minutes.
-Basic Recipe Courtesy of Celiac.com